BHTY Around the Globe
Supplements & Special Issues
About Supplements, Theme Issues, and Special Issues or Series
These are collections of papers related to issues or topics, are published as a separate issue of the journal or as part of a regular issue, and may be funded by sources other than journal publisher or APC, and an effective way to disseminate scientific findings and meeting proceedings and materials relevant for the journal audience. Special issues garner attention, and are often highly read and cited.
Materials appropriate for Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY) include:
- Extensive reports including special reports of original consensus statements, guidelines, or recommendations
- Proceedings of symposia, conferences, and workshops, workshop reports and reviews
The provisional proposal acceptance is subject to the approval of the Editor-in-Chief. In order to reach a decision about suitability, please provide the following information to the BHTY publisher:
- Request letters should include:
- Please provide conference title, date(s), program, location, web address, expected number of delegates, audience breakdown, and any other relevant details
- If not related to a conference, please provide a detailed outline including proposed title, topics and authors
- How the request will be funded
- The type(s) of articles to be submitted
- The estimated number of articles or conference abstracts to be submitted to BHTY
- The approximate length of each article or conference abstract in words
- The expected date of the conference, submission of articles or conference abstracts to BHTY
- Previously published proceedings/collections sample (if available)
- Proposed name for the proposed supplement
For conference abstract collections, the following information is also requested:
- Confirmation that all abstracts will have undergone review and selection to ensure a suitable quality for publication
- Confirmation that all authors agree to publication of their abstract in the relevant journal
All supplements will undergo BHTY peer review, be open access, and available online.
Collections, Guest Edited Collections, and Special Issues
All manuscripts submitted to journal theme collections, guest edited collections, or special issues are assessed according to the journal’s editorial criteria and standards and policies including competing financial interests. Submitted content will conform to specifications stated in the scope of the collection, guest edited collection, or special issue. All submissions will undergo the journal’s standard peer review process.
- The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for content of the entire journal, including special issues published by BHTY. Topics will be editorially relevant to the journal mission.
- Special issue articles will have the same editorial oversight as regular papers submitted to BHTY, including external peer review, and be clearly labeled as such
- BHTY will ensure Guest Editor credentials are valid and approved for appropriate subject expertise, credentials, and journal workflow knowledge to fulfill requirements of the role
- The Editor-in-Chief(s), associate editors, and/or dedicated board members will oversee Guest Editors as per BHTY workflow, processes, and peer review policies. Journal staff and documented journal editors may assume responsibility for the management of collections and special issue at any time.
- Papers submitted to a special issue by its Guest Editor(s) will be reviewed as per BHTY peer review standards and processes, and should not include more than 25% of the total issue
Supplements must be independent, balanced, present scientific educational interest, scientific rigor, and are accepted subject to the approval of the journal's Editor-in-Chief.
All articles and conference abstracts must be original. The integrity, independence, and reputation of the journal must be upheld.
Guest Editor(s) may be appointed and are subject to the approval of the Editor-in-Chief. Guest Editors must remain impartial and are required to provide competing interests statements that will be disclosed and published in BHTY. Guest Editors and appointed subject matter experts must adhere to journal policy and procedure. Where possible, Guest Editors should be a BHTY editor.
The peer review process will follow journal's standard policy in addition to any reviews and prescreenings any third party scientific committee or advisory board may conduct. Editorial control of content remains with the BHTY Editor(s)-in-Chief. Changes, corrections, and rejections will be made where material does not meet journal editorial, and ethics standards.
Copyright of articles and abstracts is retained by the authors, where authors grant BHTY a license to publish the article and identify BHTY as the publishing journal. See Copyright and License Agreement (CC BY-NC 4.0).
Charges may vary according to the complexity and magnitude of services to be provided by BHTY such as the extent of issue customization required, length of articles and number of references to be copy edited, type of content including presentation PDFs, PPTs or media such as video or audio, abstracts including length and total number, graphics and artwork, turnaround time etc.
BHTY is pleased to offer the option of paying invoices with digital currency. Contact the publisher for more information if you would like to use this payment method at firstname.lastname@example.org
All appropriate submitted and peer reviewed materials will be published as fully formatted PDF, XML, HTML, and ePub file versions on the journal's website.
For further information and inquires, please contact BHTY’s publisher at email@example.com